Pages

Monday 9 February 2009

EPHEMERAL SHADOW

The night was cold;
The streets almost deserted;
I was alone, down the street walking
Through the light of few posts shining
Pocketed hands.........(no hands to hold, no shoulder to round over)
Completely absorbed in my cogitations,
Then discovered I suddenly,
A FRIEND,so humbly
Down to earth and
Attached........... to me.
There was light above and around.
As we walked together,
Step be Step,
Me warm in his company
He aspiring and growing.
I could see myself in him.
But alas!
The taller he grew the fainter he became
And then he melted down somewhere.
I realized it was dark
I retrospected the time spent together
At times your friends leave you in darkness
When they have grown amazingly tall!
" Some friends like your shadow are incapable of
Staying beside you in darkness.
They may have their compulsions too."
I walked on slowly and silently
Completely absorbed in my cogitations,Then discovered I,
A friend
Attached to me so humbly.
-Arindam

1 comment: